Hi all! Tami Mayberry here with you today to share a Clean and Simple (CAS) card design using Core’dinations products. Creation was fast and easy using Core’dinations Core Basics pre-made cards and finding the perfect envelope is never a problem because it’s included as well!
CAS Mom Card Supplies:
- Core’dinations A1 Smooth White Cards & Envelopes
- Core’dinations Snowflake Spotted embossed cardstock
- Core’dinations Core Essentials Brights Assortment (orange)
- Core’dinations Core Basics Dark Pink Small Dot patterned paper
- 3 orange enamel dots
- Sizzix dies: Hearts #3 (#660273), 3/4″ Alphanumeric (#660056)
- Sizzix Big Shot die-cutting machine
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®: adhesive foam squares, adhesive runner, adhesive sheets
Step 1: Adhere snowflake Spotted cardstock to card front; trim to fit.
Step 2: Die-cut large heart from Dark Pink Small Dot patterned paper; attach to card front using foam squares.
Step 3: Die-cut “MOM” from orange Core Essentials cardstock; adhere to card front.
Step 4: Embellish card front attaching enamel dots to embossed pattern as desired.
Tip: Tie everything together using a simple element such as the dot design in this card. Easily accomplished by combining the dot patterned paper with the embossed cardstock.
And there you have it! This card can easily be customized by changing the colors and sentiment to fit the occasion/recipient.
Hi all! Tami Mayberry here with you today with another quick and easy project made possible by Core’dinations. For this project I have created a quick and easy “MOM” tag using Core Tags, pre-made tags by Core’dinations.
“MOM” tag supplies
- Core’dinations Core Tags: Large White, Pastel Assorted
- Core’dinations Gemstones Collection amethyst cardstock
- Core’dinations Core Essentials Pastels Collection cardstock (purple)
- 3 light purple self-adhesive rhinestones
- White self-adhesive pearl
- May Arts ribbon: light purple, light purple gingham
- Sizzix dies: Mixed Media (#660220), Block Talk Capital (#658563), Borders & Hydrangeas (#657721 )
- Sizzix Big Shot die-cutting machine
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L: adhesive foam squares, adhesive dots
Step 1: Remove metal eyelet from light purple tag. *Tip: Removing the eyelet from the bottom tag allows easy layering without extra bulk.
Step 2: Die-cut Mixed Media shape from center of white tag; attach on top of purple tag using foam squares.
Step 3: Die-cut “MOM” from Gemstones cardstock; attach to tag using foam squares. Attach rhinestones along right edge.
Step 4: Wrap tag with ribbon as shown; tie in a knot.
Step 5: Die-cut three flower layers from pastel purple cardstock; shape as desired.
Step 5: Layer die-cut flowers using foam squares. Attach pearl to center; attach to tag.
Step 6: Tie ribbon through top of tag.
And there you have it!
Note: This tag can easily be changed to a Father’s Day tag by changing the colors and adding a more masculine element in place of the flower!
Are you intimidated by Shabby Chic styles? No need to fear, they are really pretty easy and very fun. I’m going to show you in a few steps how to add some easy techniques to achieve this trendy look.
Shabby Chic Mother’s Day Card Supplies:
- Core Essentials Pastels
- Sand It Gadget
- Darice Embossing Folder Large Petal Background
- Verve Stamp Sets:
- Petaloo Flowers
- Want2Scrap Pearls
- Memento Luxe Ink – Angel Pink
Step 1. Begin with a 4 x 6″ card base.
Step 2. Cut a slightly smaller panel and emboss. Sand the raised design.
Step 3. Cut remaining mats as shown for card. Use a distressing tool to roughen the edges.
Step 4. Have you ever wished that you could match embellishments to a patterned paper, and you just didn’t have the right colors? It is so easy to create your own designer papers using Core’dinations and a simple background stamping. That way, you can create whatever you imagine. Randomly stamp a small image using an opaque ink.
Step 5. Machine stitch the stamped panel and the backing panel together.
Step 6. Add flower clusters, cheesecloth and sentiment as shown.
See, it’s really easy to put together your own shabby chic card. Here are the key ideas to incorporate to get this look -
- Soft, muted colors
- Distressed edges
- Sanded embossed designs – especially florals
- Lots of layers with textures
Today we have some more motherly inspiration to share!
With Mother’s Day approaching us here this weekend, we wanted to share with you some projects the team has made regarding this Holiday and the celebration of our parents and family.
We hope you enjoy the time you get celebrating with your families!