We love the beach and are so spoiled to live only 45 minutes from the ocean. To me, the ocean is a place of freedom & relaxtion. The thought of it inspired today’s beach-themed mini canvas created with lots of Core’dinations Cardstock.
To create this 4″ x 4″ mini-canvas:
1) Cut, sand and dust a 3.75″ x 3.75″ piece of Spotted Jillian Aquaduct. Adhere to the canvas with craft paste . I used Helmar’s Decoupage.
2) Ink the edges of the canvas and paper with a color that matches the cardstock background. Let the ink dry thoroughly before moving onto next step. You could even heat set the ink.
3) Place another layer of craft paste over the canvas. Set aside to dry while doing the next step.
4) Tear, sand and dust three 3.75″ wide pieces of Core’dinations Whitewash Cottage Porch. Layer & glue these pieces onto to the center of the canvas so the tearing is shows on each layer. This creates the beachy waves. Mix craft glue & chucky clear. Paint this mixture onto the “waves.”
5) Tear, sand and dust one 3.75″ inch piece of Core’dinations Whitewash Grandpa’s Trunk. Heat emboss a bit of gold embossing glitter to this piece. This gives it a textured beach sand look. Glue the “beach sand” to the bottom of the canvas, overlapping the waves.
6) Punch out a starfish from Core’dinations Neutrals. Sand & Dust starfish before adding a bit of ink along the edges. Glue onto the right bottom of the canvas.
7) Add another layer of craft paste over whole canvas (sides included). Let this try thoroughly.
8) Freehand paint the quote on the canvas using white craft paint. Paint over the quote with another layer of white to make the quote really pop.
Core Tip: Use Core’dinations Cardstock for any multi-media canvas! It is the only textured cardstock I have found that will not warp with multiple applications of craft paste, paint, embossing, inks and glues.
Martha Stewart Starfish Punch & Glitter
Helmar Decoupage & Craft Glue
Quick Quote Chalking Ink