We are here having fun this week with Couture Creations. It’s no secret that Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock looks fabulous with dies and embossing folder especially when you sand, sand, sand! Couture Creations is an Australian owneda & loved brand, Couture Creations is the culmination of 20 years experience in the scrapbooking industry. From its final inception in 2010, Couture Creations has been devoted to producing expertly designed, high quality products overseen by veteran designers & crafters for a result that is both simple and elegant.
Make sure you head over to their BLOG, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK pages to find out all the other chances you can win. Here is a sneak of what is going on over there today. Please keep in mind we are in two different time zones so in case we are off on our times bit please forgive us. We are getting our coffee ready when they are getting ready for bed.
We are happy that you hung in there with us this week that we shortned all of our posts into a few so it would be easier for our readers and not have to jump from post ot post. Sound good? Oh and as a thank you we are offering ANOTHER giveaway so make sure you check THIS POST!!!!
1) Create a 4.5″x 6″ card base out of a piece of Cream Core’dinations Cardstock.
2) Emboss a 4.25 x 5.5 piece of Blueberry cardstock from Coredinations Chocolate Box Collection with Couture Creations embossing folder.
3) Trim embossed cardstock to 4″ x 5.5.”
4) Lightly sanded embossed image using the Sandit Gadget, so as the Blueberry color shows, and then clean the dust off using the Dust Buddy.
5) Add VersaMark and sprinkle clear embossing powder over the entire 4″x5.5″ embossed paper.
6) Heat embossing powder until a lovely sheen appears.
7) Now add this piece of embossed Blueberry cardstock to the card base, leaving an even amount of matting on all sides.
8) Die cut a piece of Rivulet from Core’dinations Vintage 6″x6″ Collection using Couture Creations Doily Die.
And a close up of that fabulous sanding!!! :):):)
9) Trim two sides of the die cut paper so that it is flush against the bottom right of the embossed paper on the card base.
10) Before added the trimmed doily to the card, sand the edges a bit using the Sandit Gadget. Don’t forget to use the Dust Buddy!
11) Add foam dots to the backside of the doily (I used Helmar Zapdots) and place on the bottom right of the embossed paper.
12) Punch a circle out of the Cream cardstock used to create the base.
13) Trim two edges of the circle so that it is flush with the doily. Add to the doily.
14) Cut a one inch banner out of some more Blueberry Chocolate Box Cardstock. Sand it a bit.
15) Stamp sentiment on banner and adhere stamped banner to the bottom third of the doily/circle.
16) Add a few pearls around the outside of the circle.
17) Give to someone for their birthday!
I really enjoyed using Couture Creations products with Core’dinations Cardstock! The embossing folders are really crisp and the embossing really stands out on all the Core’dinations Cardstock. The doily die is incredibly intricate, yet it cut through the hearty Core’dinations Cardstock like butter. I look forward to playing with these product again! ~Kate
Next up Designer Shaunte Wadley with fabulous pr0jects! Shaunte really works color combos that are just perfection!
The background is BasicGrey Core Impressions
And next up a super cute gift bag and card:
The topper is the Couture Creations die mounted on a circle and then folded in half to top the bag.
The gift card is embossed with the Couture Creations die from the Sweet Dreams embossing folder line.
Not sure about you but wedding season is in full swing for us in the summer and today Designer Gail Linder has some gorgeous engagement cards for you today. Gail mixes and matches our cardstock brilliantly! Glitter Silk and Chocolate Box? Fabulous!
Here is a little bit about these gorgeous cards from Gail:
We normally do our Tutorials on Tuesday BUT in honor of Earth Day we have a really great project from Designer Lydia Jackson using her Core. For this project Lydia used the BRAND NEW Graphic 45 lights collection. The colors of this line are beautiful.
Last week Lydia posted this layout where she printed directly on her cardstock. Once she printed it, she realized that it was too small so it went into the scrap pile.
Hmmm..what to do …what to do? Well, her to crafty little guys figured it out! Punch it, emboss it and then sand it for the perfect card!
And a close-up:
Queen & Co Pearls, Jenni Bowlin Studios Butterfly, SRM stickers.
Welcome to our Second Day of our week with Stampendous! We couldn’t be more excited than to share gorgeous projects with you featuring Core’dinations and Stamendous products all week long!
We love Stampendous and their products so make sure you do a few things for us while you are here this week.
And we have a blog hop for you, too!
Here is a list to hop along…make sure you do as we are giving away prizes ALL WEEK LONG for those that are commenting and having fun. There are chances to win every day on one of these blogs from BOTH companies!
Sorry about the technical difficulties with Lydia Jackson’s blog yesterday. That was my fault SO we are letting you comment on her blog again today for a chance to win to make up for it…hope that works!!!
And for inspiration here today, we have a project from Design team Member Melissa Oliveira. You MUST check out the details on this layout. I know we were going for a bit of a fall theme here this week but Melissa just couldn’t stop and had to pull out her favorite Stampendous stamp, the Stampendous Jumbo Magnolia cling stamp.
Here is a little bit about this layout from Melissa: To create the pieced flower, I stamped the flower image three times; twice on a lightly sanded piece of whitewash and once on a piece of core’dinating Gemstones Cardstock. One of the Whitewash stamped images was embossed using an embossing folder, and the other was trimmed and used as the base for the flower embellishment. Petals were cut from the embossed and Gemstone stamped flowers and layered over the matching petals on the base flower. I added some Queen&Co. pearls to the center of the layered flower for added interest and texture. Leaves were stamped onto a piece of BasicGrey Core impressions and layered beneath the completed flower.
How about that for some stamping?! Gorgeous. Gorgeous!
And a close up…
See you tomorrow!