Hello Friends! Can you believe that Summer is almost here? School will be out, Popsicles will be eaten, and Sunshine will be soaked in. I always enjoy decorating for Summer time in my home, and I love using bright colors to do so. The Core’dinations Core Basics Patterned Paper is perfect for bringing summer into your home, and today I’m going to show you how you can create some of your own brightly colored Simple Summer Letters to do so with.
Simple Summer Letters supplies:
- Assorted colors of Core’dinations Core Basics Patterned Paper
- Letters to spell SUMMER (these letters are Styrofoam)
- Spray adhesive
Step 1. Turn your letters over and trace them onto the back of the paper using your pencil.
Step 2. Cut out your letters with the scissors.
Step 3. Spray adhesive onto the back of your letter. Be sure to do this outside or in a well ventilated area.
Step 4. Adhere your paper to the front of your letter. Make sure you smooth the paper out well on the front of the letter.
Step 5. Finish putting the paper on the front of each letter.
Now all you have left to do is find the perfect place to display these in your home! They would be fun on an entry table, mantel, or shelf.
You could stack them up like I have, or spread them all out in one long word.
I’m so excited to have these letters displayed in our home for the Summer time! These brightly colored paper patterns are perfect for feeling the vibe of summer.
Decorate for Summer with a fun banner like this one from Tracy Gruber.
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, Lawn Fawn Year stamp set
Rich Cocoa Memento Ink, Create A Critter and Alphalicious Cricut cartridges
Foam Squares, Misc. Ribbon
1. Cut 5×5 inch squares from Core Essentials cardstock. Round the corners with a We R Memory Keepers ¼’’ Corner Chomper.
2. Cut the letters from the Alphalicious Cricut cartridge at 3 ¾’’ plus the shadow. Cut the palm trees from the Create A Critter Cricut cartridge, also at 3 ¾.” I used the flip button for one of them, so they are faced different directions.
3. Tear pieces of Core Essentials cardstock for the sandy beach and the water and attach to the squares. Core Tip: Tear different colors of our blue Core Essentials cardstock to create waves. With five different color families that gives you 20 different blues to choose from.
4. Emboss the letters and the palm trees with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder and sand with the Sand It Gadget.
5. Attach the letters and palm trees to the squares with foam squares.
6. Tie each of the squares together with ribbon.
7. Stamp the dots onto each “sand piece” with Rich Cocoa Memento Ink. This helps define the sand a little more.
It’s summer time, right?!?!?!
Haha, yes….I know a lot of us are getting hammered with heat these days so what better way to spend
the days inside scrapping and being inspired, right?
Today’s super fun Summer Themed project comes from Design Team Member Brianne Neville.
How cute are these????????
Have a great week!