Thanksgiving is always a great time to get together with family and friends and celebrate the blessings in our lives. And like any fun gathering, food is always involved. Some recipes become yearly traditions, while others are soon forgotten. Why not organize your recipes with a seasonal mini album? It’s easy to add or remove recipe from year to year – and to help make planning the feast a little easier. This keepsake would also make a wonderful hostess gift, if you aren’t the one doing all of the cooking.
Thanksgiving Mini Recipe Book Supplies:
- Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostalgic Collection
- Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Seasonal Impressions
- Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered Collection
- Black Magic Collection
- Canvas Textured Tags White Assorted
- Canvas Textured Tags Brights Assorted Sandable
- Sand-It Gadget
- Darice Embossing Folder – Foliage
- Darice Embossing Folder- Fall Leaf Background
- Darice Washi Tape – Black
- Darice Washi Tape- Music Notes
- Clear Scraps Mini Album
- Cottage Cutz Die – Acorn Leaf Vine
- May Arts Ribbon: SM-33, 419-16, KBB-33
- Hampton Art Stamps – Recipes SC0519
- Fun Stampers Journey – Give Thanks Stamp Set
- Xyron 9″ Creative Station
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukeniko Inks
Step 1. Cover pages of the mini-album with papers of your choice.
Step 2. Sand areas of embossing with Sand-It Gadget to expose the color core.
Step 3. Decorate the pages as desired.
Thanks for stopping by – I hope that you have been inspired to create your own recipe book to treasure your families memories.
We are continuing our week with Petaloo and Xyron! We have teamed up with some of our favorite adhesive and flowers for a week full of inspiration and, of course, PRIZES! Please go to THIS post to see how you can enter to win this:
Give Thanks Layout by Christine Meyer
I always love the opportunity to get a favorite picture onto a layout and stored as a lifetime memory – today I have a fall layout to share with you featuring products from Core’dinations, Xyron, and Petaloo that does just that. Christine joining you today to share a layout of some of my kiddos with their Grandma enjoying a fall tradition – leaf piles.
Give Thanks Layout Supplies:
- Tim Holtz Kraft Core Seasonal Impressions
- Jillian Snowflake Spotted
- Core Basics Kraft
- Core Tags – Dark Assorted
- Dust Buddy & Sand-it Gadget
- Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostalgic Collection No. 3
- Coredinations Vellum Quotes & Titles
- Darice Leaf Embossing Folder
- Petaloo Crochet Lace Fancy Trim – Paprika
- Petaloo Darjeeling Petites Autumn
- Petaloo Darjeeling Mini Mix
- Petaloo Darjeeling Petites Teastained Red
- Petaloo Trim Assorted Whites
- Xyron 3 Inch Sticker Maker
- Xyron Mega Runner
- Xyron High Tack Adhesive Dots
Step 2: Cut out the center of the Seasonal Impressions cardstock – leaving just a one inch border. Sand the border and use the Xyron Mega Runne to add Spotted Cardstock underneath as the base.
Step 3: Add Tags and Red Cardstock to create the center of your layout use the Xyron 3 Inch Sticker Maker. Add Petaloo trims to the Xyron 3 inch Sticker Maker and then attach them above and below. Step 4: Run the vellum quote thru the Xyron 3 Inch Sticker Maker. This is the best way to attach vellum because it doesn’t show up at all! Add the vellum to the tag. Step 5: Put the picture on top of the Kraft cardstock and center it.
Step 6: Add a die cut banner and Embellish the corners with Petaloo Darjeeling Flowers. Xyron’s High Tack Adhesive Dots make attaching small flowers like this an easy job! Products like this make it both easy and fun to put together a layout that we can cherish forever!
Count Your Blessings Layout by Suzanna Lee
Do you have those family dinner table picture that we all take at Thanksgiving, and once you finally seen them think, “ugh! how am I going to scrap that?”. Well fret no more! I have the solution for you. First, convert your picture to black and white. The conversion will soften the clash between Auntie Rose’s purple hair and Grandpa Jack’s hot pink tie and allow you to use the colors of your choice in your layout, just as I did here!
Count Your Blessings Layout Supplies:
- Core’dinations Core Impressions, Basic Grey Ornate
- Core’dinations Core Impressions, Jenni Bowlin Studio, Brown and Cream
- Core’dinations Tim Holtz, Kraft Core, Shattered
- Core’dinations Tim Holtz, Kraft Core, Adirondack
- Core’dinations Sand It Gadget
- Core’dinations Dust Buddy
- Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress Ink
- Petaloo Dahlias, Red/Fuschias
- Petaloo Mini Daisies, Red, Fuchias
- Xyron Adhesive Dots
- Xyron Mega Runner
Step 1:To create both bases of your layout, you will need your trusty Core’dinations steeds; your Sand It Gadget and your Dust Buddy. Sand the edges of the the Basic Grey Core Impressions and wipe the dust with your Dust Buddy to reveal the colored core. If you would like a bit more definition to the border of the page, as I did, then use some Distress ink around the edges. Fussy cut out the Jenni Bowlin Square Label paper and similarly, sand and dust it.
Step 2: Layer a long banner cut from Tim Holtz Shattered cardstock that you sanded and rubbed with some Distress Paint with your picture, Petaloo flowers and some die cut leaves. The PERFECT adhesive to stick Petaloo flowers down with is Xyron’s adhesive dots! They come in two sizes, 3/16 inch which is perfect for the little daises I used on the bottom, right hand corner of my page and the larger, 3/8 inch dots for the larger Petaloo flowers!
Step 3: Whatever was not put together with Adhesive Dots, was put everything together with my Xyron MegaRunner! I just love the ability to drop in the cartridge and set to work. No fuss running tape here, there and everywhere or having it snap and need to be re-thread mid-project! Just remove the spent cartridge and pop in a new one and you are good to go!
Celebrate this Labor Day with American pride! Create this beautiful USA bunting and patriotic decor just in time for the holiday!
- Tim Holtz Kraft Core Shattered Cardstock
- Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostaglia
- Glitter Silk Cardstock
- Jenni Bowlin Core Impressions
- May Arts Silver Trim
- David Tutera Casual Elegance Silver Buckets
- Misc. Star Sequins
- Misc. Frame
The most difficult part of this project is making the rosettes. Start by searching rosette tutorials on Pinterest, you will find a ton! Make a few of these out of core’dinating cardstock. Adhere to banners, adding trim and other embellishments. Don’t forget to cut out the USA title from some Glitter Silk Cardstock.
Next up, make the stars by doing some simple scoring. Scor from the back, fold and sand. The are super simple to make and we will need a few. Some for the frame itself and some for the buckets.
Add bits and pieces of different embellishments and you have a great piece of home decor.
5) Stamp the critter image two times, once on Core’dinations Kraft-Core Nostalgic No. 23 and once on Kraft-Core Shattered No. 20s. Stamp the tree stump onto the Kraft-Core Nostalgic No. 23. ***
***Tip: Be sure to sand & dust both of these pieces before stamping your image. By sanding and dusting before stamping, you get a sharper image and keep dust particles off of the stamp.
6) Fussy cut out both images stamped on the Kraft-Core Nostalgic No. 23. Cut out the tail, belly and nose from the critter image stamped on the Shattered No. 20s and layer onto the critter image you cut out in Step 7.
7) Using double-sided foam tape, adhere the tree trunk and critter to the right side of the card, next to the stamped sentiment.
Hello, Core’dinations fans! I hope you are having a great week. Vivian Keh here today to share with you a card that I recently crafted while daydreaming about spring. I used my Core’dinations Cardstock exclusively on all my handmade flowers for several wreaths I made to decorate the house for Christmas, and the love of Core is now continuing on my handmade flowers for the spring.
For the flowers, I used “Creme Brulee” from Core’dinations Graphic 45 Signature Series. die-cutting them with a Sizzix “Flower, Dogwood” #658405 Die Set.
To achieve the soft veining in the leaves, I used a stylus on the backside of my die-cut pieces to press vein lines into the leaves, sanded off the ridges with my Sand-it Gadget, and lightly misted. The mist absorbed along the sanded areas to create a very soft look that I love!
The pretty embossed pattern was achieved using a Sizzix “Flowers and Perfume” #658969 Embossing Folder Set and a soft neutral hue from Core’dinations’ Tim Holtz Kraft-Core “Shattered” Collection.
Thanks so much for visiting with me today! Hope spring reaches you soon if it hasn’t already!
Core’dinations – “Creme Brulee” from Core’dinations Graphic 45 Signature Series, Core’dinations’ Tim Holtz Kraft-Core “Shattered” Collection, Sand-it Gadget, Dust Buddy
Sizzix – “Flower, Dogwood” #658405 Die Set, “Flowers and Perfume” #658969 Embossing Folder Set
Really Reasonable Ribbon – Cream Lace
Viva Decor – pearl pen
Lindy’s Stamp Gang – “Curiouser Chartreuse” mist
Ranger – Vintage Photo Distress Ink
And we have some Graphic45 cards for you today as well! Clare Buswell is the card queen!
Make card from cardstock, emboss using Argyle embossing folder. Add patterned paper border and seam binding. Trim image from Graphic45 paper, layer onto red cardstock and stitch border. Adhere to card. Fussy cut lady from second piece of Graphic45 paper and layer using foam pads. Stamp sentiment onto cardstock, ink edges and attach with foam pads to card. Add bow.