Core’dinations has a sea of colored-core cardstock to create the perfect ocean scene for any card or layout! Today I am sharing an ocean themed baby card made with Core’dinations Graphic 45 Lights and Tim Holtz & Ranger Adirondack Collection.
Darcie’s Haert & Home Rubber STamps
Ranger Versa Mark & Archival Ink & Super Fine Embossing Powder
Stamping on Core’dinations Cardstock is so fantastic because you get a sharp image and texture!
Technique Tip: When heat embossing with clear embossing powder on Core’dinations Cardstock, be sure to sand and dust the cardstock before stamping the image with Versa Mark. This allows for the colored core to show through clear embossing. I did this on the waves and I love that it gives different hues to the waves, just like you would see at the ocean!
I am sure you are never late sending a birthday card, but I always am! My sister is the lucky recipient of this fun belated birthday card made with Core’dinations Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic and Shattered Collections.
To create this card:
1) Emboss a 4.25″x 5.5″ card base made with Core’dinations Kraft-Core Nostalgic No. 15.
2) Sand embossed cardbase with Sand It Gadget and dust with Dust Buddy.
3) Round bottom corners of card base with corner rounder punch.
3) Cut a 4.25″ x 1″ and 4.25″ x 2.5″ of Core’dinations Kraft-Core Shattered No. 20s, corner rounding the 1″ piece.
4) Using the backside of the 2.5″ piece you cut in step 3 (Kraft side), stamp your sentiment on the right lower side of this piece.
5) Glue down the stamped Kraft piece and the 1″ piece (with the Shattered side showing) 1/2 inch from bottom of card).
5) Stamp the critter image two times, once on Core’dinations Kraft-Core Nostalgic No. 23 and once on Kraft-Core Shattered No. 20s. Stamp the tree stump onto the Kraft-Core Nostalgic No. 23. ***
***Tip: Be sure to sand & dust both of these pieces before stamping your image. By sanding and dusting before stamping, you get a sharper image and keep dust particles off of the stamp.
6) Fussy cut out both images stamped on the Kraft-Core Nostalgic No. 23. Cut out the tail, belly and nose from the critter image stamped on the Shattered No. 20s and layer onto the critter image you cut out in Step 7.
7) Using double-sided foam tape, adhere the tree trunk and critter to the right side of the card, next to the stamped sentiment.
Darcie’s Heart & Home Rubber Stamps
Spellbinders Embossing Folder
Ranger Archival Ink
Core’dinations Cardstock is such a great weight to use with different mediums! Today I am sharing a tutorial for the simple and pretty multi-media layout I made with lots of Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection.
The Crafter’s Workshop Mini Cloud & Poppies Stencils
Ranger Tim Holtz Adirondack Snow Cap Mixative
Dick Blick Modeling Paste
To create this 12×12 layout:
1). Sand & dust 1/2″ border around the 12×12 Kraft-Core No. 15 background
2). Cut, sand (especially distressing the edges) & then dust with Dust Buddu:
a) Two 10″ x 2″ and one 10″ x 1.5″ pieces of Kraft Core No. 6.
b) One 10″ x 2″ and one 10″ x 1.5″ pieces of Kraft Core No. 2.
3) Flip to the backside one of the 10″ x 2″ pieces of No. 6 cut in Step 2. Using a cloud stencil, outline the clouds using a score tool from the back. Sand and dust the clouds embossed on the front side.
Core Tip: When embossing cardstock using a stencil and score tool, use a rubber mat underneath the stencil. This allows you to get a deep scored image without ripping the cardstock and always score from the back so the raised image is on the front.
4) Using a paint brush, paint in the clouds with a white wet medium. I used Ranger’s Snow Cap Mixative because I liked that looked like different densities in the clouds.
5) To create the “be true” part of the title, use a stencil with acrylic modeling paste to the left side of the 2nd piece of 10″ x 2″ piece of No. 6. Apply evenly with a popsicle stick. When removing stencil, be sure to lift the stencil up straight so you don’t smudge the title work.
6) “To you” is added to the 10″ x 1.5″ piece of No. 6 after the cardstock has been adhered to the background using the same technique and placement in Step 5.
7) Alternating the colors, add the cut & embellished pieces of cardstock to the background in a slightly angled manner.
8) Mat three wallet-size photos with Kraft-Core No. 15. Making sure to sand and dust the edges before adhereing the photos.
8) Finish off by adding lots of Darice Sequins with a dollop of Liquid Pearl in the middle.
Multi-media layouts do not need to be complicated. Just by using a couple of wet mediums to Core’dinations Cardstock, you can create fun titlework and painted embellishments! ~Kate
Supplies: Core’dinations Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection, Graphic 45 Signature Series Darks, David Tutera Kraft Smooth Cards and Kraft Envelopes A7, Sand-It Gadget, Dust Buddy. Silhouette cut files – #48166 and #61073, Silhouette Portrait, Graphic 45 French Country Collection Montage Patterned Paper, gingham ribbon, twine, Anna Griffin Cuttlebug Circular Grid embossing folder, Big Shot, glossy accents.
Cut panel of Core’dinations Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection No.11 to fit across card base, sand using Sand-It Gadget and adhere to David Tutera Kraft Smooth Card base. Cut rectangle of brown cardstock from Graphic 45 Signature Series Darks, emboss using Circular Grid embossing folder, sand and adhere to bottom of card. Cut panel of Graphic 45 French Country Collection Montage Patterned Paper, attach to center of card. Attach strip of gingham ribbon. Using cardstock from Graphic 45 Signature Series Darks cut sunflower and sentiment using cut files.
Assemble sunflower, cut strip of Core’dinations Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection No.11 to create stem, adhere to card. Pinch vein lines in leaves using needle nosed tweezers and sand lightly, attach to card. See image here to create the veins for flowers. Add sunflower and sentiment. Apply glossy accents to sentiment to finish.
Jennifer Edwardson here with you today with this little Darice paper mâché flower pot that has been calling my name for a while now! I LOVE the shimmer of the Gemstones cardstock and decided to create this entirely with all the fun colors I could. Plus, this is a GREAT way to use up scraps.
Gemstones Cardstock: Opal, Moonstone, Tanzanite, Yellow Topaz, Quartz, Amethyst, Peridot, Garnet
Tim Holtz Kraft-Core
Misc flower punches and 1 1/2″ circle punch
Buttons and twine
1.) Start by punching out MANY 1 1/2″ circle of the Opal color and stared overlapping them all over the base of the pot using Mod Podge. I cut several in half for the rim as well.
2.) Put a styrofoam ball inside and covered it with kraft cut paper pieces that you can make on your own or buy at a local craft store.
3.) Punch multiple flowers using several colors and create flower picks using cut down wooden skewers.
4.) Add buttons tied with twine and your flower pot is complete.
Core’dinations Cardstock: Reflecting Pool, Meadow, Argos, Tangarine, Fuchsia Fizz, Nightfall
, No.11 and No.21 from the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection
, Sand-It Gadget, Dust Buddy
. Other Supplies:
Canvas 8×8, acrylic paints, Petaloo Flowers – Botanica Minis Pistachio, Floral Ephemera Fuchsia, Burlap Blossoms Natural, Botanica Blooms Fuchsia, glycerin, spray bottle, Mod Podge.
1. Mix water and glycerin in a ratio of 16:1 in a spray bottle. Spray a sheet of Core Reflecting Pool Cardstock on both sides.
2. Scrunch cardstock into ball to add texture. Flatten out and leave to dry.
3. Cover canvas with layer of Mod Podge and add textured cardstock.
4. Trim excess cardstock from back of canvas and corners as shown. Add another layer of Mod Podge and leave to dry.
5. Paint canvas with green and blue acrylic paint to create a blended effect. Technique Tip: Don’t feel like painting? Just sand the textured cardstock before you apply M0dge Podge for a distressed look. That is the great thing about Core’dinations…so many possibilities!
6. Add some simple strokes of green acrylic paint to create a grass effect and add some dots of pink to represent flowers, allow to dry.
7. Draw some simple grass blades onto the reverse of some Meadow cardstock in different lengths. Cut out and sand using Sand-It Gadget. Fold gently lengthways to create a 3D effect.
8. Arrange grass onto canvas and adhere with a strong craft adhesive.
9. Add some simple small painted flowers to the background. Arrange and adhere paper flowers.
10. Cut some simple leaf shapes from No.11 Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection, score along center, pinch vein leaves using a needle nosed tweezers and sand using Sand-It Gadget. Add to canvas. Technique Tip: You can use a scoring tool for the veins in the leaves,too!
11. Trace bird template onto No.21 Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection, cut out and sand edges. Trace beak onto Tangarine, legs onto Argos cardstock and eye onto Nightfall. See below for pattern.
12. Assemble bird adding dimension using foam pads. Add dot of white acrylic paint to eye. Adhere bird to canvas behind some of the grass.
13. Trace butterfly onto Fuchsia Fizz, cut out, sand edges and adhere to canvas.
14. Add some more painted foliage and flowers in the background and some more Core cardstock for grass to the front to fill in any gaps to finish.
I included a template for the bird and butterfly below. Just right click and save to your computer, then print.
Next Page »