We hope you are ready for a fun week with our friends over at Petaloo and Xyron! We have teamed up with some of our favorite adhesive and flowers for a week full of inspiration and, of course, PRIZES! Please go to THIS post to see how you can enter to win this:
Hello again, fellow Core lovers! It’s Gini, and today I have an upcycling project to share with you, using some of my favorite products. With a little help from Core’dinations, Xyron and Petaloo, I was able to transform a lowly Pringles Chip container into a dispenser for cosmetic cotton rounds.
A Thing of Beauty Supply List:
- Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered Collection
- Glitter Silk Cardstock
- Core Essentials Cardstock Neutrals
- Core’dinations Vellum Quotes & Titles – Inspirational Motivations
- Dusty Buddy
- Xyron 9″ Creative Station – Permanent Adhesive
- Xyron Tape Runner
- Petaloo Darjeeling Collection: Darjg Mix Mini Teasn; Mini Daisies with Leaves
- Petaloo Fancy Trims Black
- Spellbinders Labels Thirty-Three; Grand Caliber Machine
- Zva Creative Gem Flourish CR-06CA-104
- Graphic 45 Metal Buttons
- Stampendous Stamp
- Ranger Gold Embossing Powder
- Tsukineko/Imagine Crafts Delicata Ink- Golden Glitz; Sheer Shimmer Spritz- Gold; VersaMark Watermark Ink
- Heat Tool
- Pringles Chip Canister
Step 1. Measure around your container and cut paper to fit.
Step 2. Draw a template for your opening on scrap cardstock. Cut in the center of the paper as well as the canister.
Step 3. Stamp decorative border at the top and bottom of the paper with watermark ink. Heat emboss with gold powder. Tip: Sometimes metallic embossing powders leave a residue. Use the Dust Buddy after embossing to remove this powder.
Step 4. Run the paper through the Creative Station machine to apply adhesive. Carefully adhere to the canister, lining up the openings.
Step 5. Ink the back of the vellum quote with metallic gold. Die cut a frame using the Glitter Silk cardstock.
Step 6. Use the small tape runner to apply adhesive to the back of the frame. Center quote and trim the excess.
Step 7. Cut a circle to match the top of the canister. Add trim around the top and bottom of the canister and lid to hide the raw edges.
Step 8. Spritz the flowers with gold and let dry and add the embellishments to the canister to finish as shown.
So remember, look at your empty containers with a creative eye, before you take out your trash! See you soon.
Hi there Core Fans! It’s Joann and I am so excited to be here today to share a fun 3D table top decoration which I think is perfect for the upcoming Halloween season! The panels on the top and bottom pumpkins were cut using the fantastic Core Cardstock and are both embossed and sanded using the “must-have” Sand It Block. For something different, I debossed the middle pumpkin. I just love how this gives the entire project a total Vintage feel!
3D Pumpkins with Witch Hat Supplies:
- Core’dinations Neutral Colors Core Cardstock
- Core’dinations Dark Colors Core Cardstock
- Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection Cardstock
- Sand It Gadget & Dust Buddy
- Jack O’ Lantern From The Haunted Forest SVG Kit By SVGCuts
- Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms
- Trim And Feathers From My Stash
- Pop Dots
- Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug
- Liquid Adhesive
- Silhouette Cameo
Step 1. Follow the detailed instructions from SVGCuts to make your top pumpkin which was cut to scale. The middle pumpkin is made by increasing the scale of the pieces called Jack and Jack Panels by 110% and the bottom pumpkin has the pieces increased by a scale of 120%. You can increase the scale by whatever size you like and I find it easier if you start from the largest size you want to create and then work your way down so you are sure that the project will fit onto you paper that you are going to cut from.
Tip: Cut your pieces on the reverse side of the paper that you want to use and for the score lines set the depth of your blade to 1. This will give you a guide to follow when scoring on your Scor board without all those little scor lines showing through! For those of you with a Cricut, there is actually a scor blade which you can use for your scor lines. The completed project is almost 15″ high and 6″ wide.
Step 2: After the panels for the pumpkins have been cut, embossed and sanded rub them on the edge of your table a bit to slightly curve the paper. This will make the assembly easier!
Step 3: Embellish! I used both a Spellbinders die cut that I also embossed and a rolled rose that I tore by hand for an extra spooky flower!
I just love Halloween, it’s just so much fun! Thanks for stopping by for a peek… Have a very Spooky Day!
Looking for a not so scary decorations for your Halloween festivities? How about this lovely fall witch’s hat?
Leafy Witch Hat Supplies:
- Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostalgic Collection
- Glitter Silk 6×6 Cardstock
- Core’dinations Sand it Gadget
- Foamies Black Witch Dress Up Hat
- Darice wired 7/8 inch Wired Metallic Copper Ribbon
- 4 inch Burlap Flower
- Leaf Die Cut and Embossing Folder
- Die Cut Machine
- Hot Glue
Step 1. Die cut, emboss, and sand leaves. I made a total of 12 leaves, 4 of each color: No. 6, No. 7, and No. 20; yellow, orange and brown. After sanding wipe each down with your Sand-it Gadget.
Step 2. This step is not necessary, but for added interest and depth, you can ink the edges of the leaves.
Step 3. To create spiral flower, begin by drawing a spiral on the back of the copper Glitter Silk sheet.
Step 4. Cut along drawn line.
Step 5. Roll flower from outside edge and adhere to center when complete. I like to step on the flower a bit to add more dimension.
Step 6. Adhere burlap flower and metallic ribbon to hat.
Step 7. Attach leaves behind burlap flower.
Step 8. Finish by adding rolled flower to center of burlap flower.
Embossing your Glitter Silk Cardstock is a great way to add interest to your projects. With it’s high quality, it embosses beautifully!
Embossed Glitter Silk Card Supplies:
- White 110lb Cardstock Smooth
- Glitter Silk Bermuda Bling
- Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection No.11
- Sand-It Gadget
- Dust Buddy
- Jet Black ink Ranger
- Darice Stars embossing folder
- Crafter’s Companion Embossalicious Dots embossing folder
- Big Shot
- Sentiments Stamp
- Petaloo Botanica Bloom Pistachio
- May Arts Ribbon
- Sequin and Stars
- Sewing Machine
Step 1. Make card base from cardstock.
Step 2. Emboss Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection No.11 using Dots embossing folder and cover the front of the card. Add strip of lace diagonally. Cut panel using Kraft side of Kraft-Core diagonally and adhere to card.
Step 3. Cut a panel of Glitter Silk Bermuda Bling, emboss using Stars embossing folder and sand using Sand-It Gadget.
Step 4. Stitch border and attach to card. Add ribbon across card. Stamp sentiment onto White 110lb Cardstock Smooth and trim ‘V’ shape in one end, attach to card using foam pads.
Step 5. Add twine, flower, sequin and stars to finish.
- 110lb White Smooth Core’dinations Cardstock
- No.24 Cardstock from Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection
- Core Tags Bookmarks White
- Stampendous stamp sets Vintage Typewriter, Vintage Typewriter Alphabet
- Ranger Jet Black Ink
- May Arts 1/4″ Twill Ribbon with Chevron Stripes Black