Core’dinations Cardstock: Reflecting Pool, Meadow, Argos, Tangarine, Fuchsia Fizz, Nightfall
, No.11 and No.21 from the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection
, Sand-It Gadget, Dust Buddy
. Other Supplies:
Canvas 8×8, acrylic paints, Petaloo Flowers – Botanica Minis Pistachio, Floral Ephemera Fuchsia, Burlap Blossoms Natural, Botanica Blooms Fuchsia, glycerin, spray bottle, Mod Podge.
1. Mix water and glycerin in a ratio of 16:1 in a spray bottle. Spray a sheet of Core Reflecting Pool Cardstock on both sides.
2. Scrunch cardstock into ball to add texture. Flatten out and leave to dry.
3. Cover canvas with layer of Mod Podge and add textured cardstock.
4. Trim excess cardstock from back of canvas and corners as shown. Add another layer of Mod Podge and leave to dry.
5. Paint canvas with green and blue acrylic paint to create a blended effect. Technique Tip: Don’t feel like painting? Just sand the textured cardstock before you apply M0dge Podge for a distressed look. That is the great thing about Core’dinations…so many possibilities!
6. Add some simple strokes of green acrylic paint to create a grass effect and add some dots of pink to represent flowers, allow to dry.
7. Draw some simple grass blades onto the reverse of some Meadow cardstock in different lengths. Cut out and sand using Sand-It Gadget. Fold gently lengthways to create a 3D effect.
8. Arrange grass onto canvas and adhere with a strong craft adhesive.
9. Add some simple small painted flowers to the background. Arrange and adhere paper flowers.
10. Cut some simple leaf shapes from No.11 Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection, score along center, pinch vein leaves using a needle nosed tweezers and sand using Sand-It Gadget. Add to canvas. Technique Tip: You can use a scoring tool for the veins in the leaves,too!
11. Trace bird template onto No.21 Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection, cut out and sand edges. Trace beak onto Tangarine, legs onto Argos cardstock and eye onto Nightfall. See below for pattern.
12. Assemble bird adding dimension using foam pads. Add dot of white acrylic paint to eye. Adhere bird to canvas behind some of the grass.
13. Trace butterfly onto Fuchsia Fizz, cut out, sand edges and adhere to canvas.
14. Add some more painted foliage and flowers in the background and some more Core cardstock for grass to the front to fill in any gaps to finish.
I included a template for the bird and butterfly below. Just right click and save to your computer, then print.
We want to wish you all an amazing Independence Day! We are celebrating our freedom on the Core blog today with a layout featuring Tim Holtz Seasonal Impressions.
I love using the Tim Holtz papers! These pre-embossed papers make a layout so easy! Add a few things and the page will simply fall into place. I had these adorable photos of my grandson waving and playing with the flags down on the beach.
Cuttlebug Embossing Machine
Darice star embossing folder
Spellbinder’s Die Cuts- S4-110 (Classic Ovals) and S4-111 (Classic Scalloped Ovals)
Jillibean Soup letter stickers
DieNamics – Cloud die cut
1. Start with your selected sheet of Tim Holtz Seasonal Impressions. Sand it thoroughly with your Sand It Gadget to let the kraft base show through and then dust it off with your Dust Buddy.
2. Take a sheet of the dark red. Using a star embossing folder emboss it. You will need to use the embossing folder approximately three times to cover the entire length of your sheet. Again sand it down with your Sand It Gadget and dust it off with your Dust Buddy and attach it to your page.
3. Mat your photos with white cardstock. Cut an oval out of white cardstock using a Spellbinder’s die cut. Then using a scallped Spellbinder’s oval die cut a navy piece. Adhere together and then to the layout for placing your title.
4. Taking a sheet of red cut out a star. Using a Score Pal score it so that you can fold it to pop up. This involved scoring it first on the top from point to point. I sand my scored lines while they are still on the Score Pal so that they are sharp. Then turn it over and score it again from the inner points.
5. To create the clouds use a DieNamics Cloud die and cut your clouds out of the blue based White Wash papers. Sand them to show some of the blue through.
1- Cut red and blue pieces and emboss cardstock into 1″ strips. Set aside extra strips for card 3. Sand edges. Adhere to kraft card base alternating colors. Machine stitch stripes.
2- Cut two large stars from Tim Holtz Shattered cardstock. Fold star into 3D shape. Adhere to card gluing the corners of the star.
3- Punch circle/star shape with craft punch out of silver Glitter Silk. Adhere to center of stars.
Clothesline Celebrate Card
1- Adhere section of Tim Holtz Shattered cardstock in blue to scalloped edge kraft card base.
2- Attach red and white bakers twine to card.
3- Using craft punches, make several star shapes out of red and silver Glitter sSilk. Attach to twine with small clothes pins. Attach David Tutera card sentiment to twine.
1- Using cut 1″ stripes leftover from the first card, adhere strips to white card base alternating colors. Machine stitch stripes.
2- Using liquid pearls, create firework burst.
3- Adhere sequin star to firework center. Adhere additional sequin stars to card as desired. Adhere red rhinestone to sequin star centers. Adhere David Tutera card sentiment.
Supplies: Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic, Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered, Glitter Silk, David Tutera Celebrate Cardmaking system sentiment, liquid pearls, sequins, mini-clothes pins, twine, scoring tool and star punch
Mary Pat Siehl here with you today and I have a really fun and easy 4th of July layout for you using a variety of our Tim Holtz cardstocks.
1. Start with the Tim Holtz Seasonal Impressions and lightly sand it to expose the awesome subway art.
2. Matt photo (s) with coordinating cardstock and or pattern paper. I used TH Kraft Core Nostalgic Collection and Graphic 45 pattern paper.
3. Die cut some embellishments ( I used stars for the theme of July 4th).
4. If you want a more textured look, you can emboss them. I used and embossing folder from Cuttlebug.
5. Sand the embellishments to expose the yummy core.
6. Add a title and you are done. I used my Silhouette to create the title.
insert photo 1c
Cardstock- Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered, Seasonal Impressions, and Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection
Paper- Graphic 45
Wood Veneer – Studio Calico
Lawn Fawn Dies
Some Odd Girl Digi Cut File
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Sand It Gadget
I have a quick video for you today on how this layout came together and how I sanded the Core.
Hi there! Suzanna here with a seasonal Tim Holtz Kraft Core Seasonal Impressions layout to share with you using one of the individual embossed papers focusing on the American No. 17 sheet. It’s perfect for the 4th of July.
Tim Holtz – Kraft Core – Seasonal Impressions
Tim Holtz – Kraft Core – Shattered
Tim Holtz – Kraft Core – Nostalgic
Sand It Gadget
Embossing Folder – Tim Holtz
Cut File – 3d Banner, Design ID #53911
Silhouette Cameo: Font - Independence
Twine – The Twinery
Wood Veneer – Freckled Fawn, Studio Calico
Dies – Lifestyle Craft, Die-Versions
I selectively sanded the word that corresponded with my theme. I also happen to have the Tim Holtz embossing folder that matches this pre-embossed cardstock and was able to fussy cut the 4 in a slightly bigger size. It worked out perfectly!
This entire layout was created using all Kraft Core products! I love the vintage feel it gives to the layout.
Another fun technique that is unique to Core’dinations cardstock is the ability to run it through your label maker for some fun banners. By sanding the raised print, like I did on the little red flag to reveal the colored core underneath, you can really see the letters!
« Previous Page — Next Page »