The card base is a standard A2 cardbase, my favorite size, made from Core’dinations Distress Collection. Of course, I distressed the edges a bit with my Sand It Gadget!
The background is an embossed piece of Core’dinations Kraft-Core. I sanded the embossed image down quite a bit and ran my green ink over the embossed/sanded image, leaving some of the Kraft-Core peeking through.
To create my sentiment, I trimmed up a Smooth CoreTag to fit in the corner. I always save the trimmed off part of my CoreTags to use on other projects.
Tip of the day: Core’dinations Cardstock makes a sturdy base for stickers. On my card, I adhered the cute airplane sticker to a sanded piece of the same base cardstock and then trimmed around the sticker.
May Arts 1/4″ Twill Ribbon with Chevron Stripes Orange, Green
Sizzix TH Alterations Carte Postale embossing folder
Make card from 110lb Smooth White Core. Emboss No.10 Cardstock from Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection to cover card front, sand using Sand-It Gadget and wipe with Dust Buddy. Adhere to card. Sand edges of Core Tags Canvas Textured Tags Brights Tag, trim rectangle of 110lb White Smooth Core’dinations Cardstock to fit inside. Repeat stamp text using Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink, ink edges with Brushed Corduroy, adhere to tag. Cut three pieces of twill ribbon, plait and thread through tag. Attach tag to card. Stamp ship onto cardstock, cut out and ink edges with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink, adhere to tag using foam pads. Stamp sentiment onto 110lb Smooth White Core, ink edges with Brushed Corduroy and attach to card. Adhere buttons, to finish.
Back to school… A bitter sweet time of the year where we return to schedules and learning, leaving behind the laid back lazy days of summer. Typically we think of primary colors red, yellow and blue when we think of back to school thanks to pencils, school buses and composition note books. I didn’t want that for this layout so I’m breaking out of the norm and jazzing it up a bit!
I still have three of the primary colors in there but the pink background really gives the over all feel of the layout a more girly theme. One of the traditions in our house on the first day of school is a “back to school” sheet cake that they have to pose with before digging in for snack. Not sure how I’m going to do that with a middle schooler and one in elementary school!
Fussy cut around your embossed images for something with a bit more dimension, it’s easy to do! Kraft Core leaves a wonderful brown core that really pops the images.
There is no place better than the beach! And not just during the summer, during those non-summer months, when it’s a little rougher to get to the beach due to the lack of time and return to regular routines. Here is a great way to remind yourself of just how great the beach is and what’s around the corner!
Cut Files – Kolette Hall Studios (Design ID #43142 and #61944), Hero Arts (Design ID #40428)
Buy yourself a lovely weathered frame and dress it up with some Core’dinations cardstock cut with beachy dies and cut files!
The Kraft Core Shattered collection adds that perfect weathered feel to a beach themed project. So too does sanding add a sand worn effect.
Tucking things between the background and the frame adds a 3D dimension and some added depth to your project. Note how the texture of the Core’dinations cardstock really makes this sea star that much more realistic!
You can really add some great texture to your mixed media projects using Core’dinations cardstock. By using embossing and tearing techniques you can really add a great tactile quality to your projects!
1. Paint the canvas black using acrylic paint. Emboss some black (No.24-S) cardstock from the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered Collection using the stars embossing folder. Sand using the Sand-It Gadget and wipe with a Dust Buddy.
2. Tear a piece of green cardstock (No.12-S) from the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered Collection and two pieces of (No.9) from the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection to form the hills. Emboss using the chevron embossing folder. Distress straight edges using a distressing tool.
3. Adhere pieces to star embossed square, machine stitch border and distress edges using a distressing tool.
4. Cut come simple star shapes from the Kraft side of some cardstock from the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection, apply white acrylic paint. Once dry sand edges using Sand-It Gadget for a distressed effect.
5. Adhere stars to square panel. Attach panel to canvas using Mod Podge, leave to dry.
6. Cut some small rectangles of No.24 cardstock from the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection, write “follow”, “your” and “own” on each rectangle using a white pen. Stamp “star” using a white ink pad.
7. Add a white paint wash to the hills to highlight. Adhere text to canvas using Mod Podge. Add glitter to large stars and adhere some sequin stars.
8. Paint edges of canvas using blue acrylic paint and outline stars in blue. Outline text in white paint. Add some glow in the dark paint to the stars for a fun effect!
Core’dinations has a sea of colored-core cardstock to create the perfect ocean scene for any card or layout! Today I am sharing an ocean themed baby card made with Core’dinations Graphic 45 Lights and Tim Holtz & Ranger Adirondack Collection.
Ranger Versa Mark & Archival Ink & Super Fine Embossing Powder
Stamping on Core’dinations Cardstock is so fantastic because you get a sharp image and texture!
Technique Tip: When heat embossing with clear embossing powder on Core’dinations Cardstock, be sure to sand and dust the cardstock before stamping the image with Versa Mark. This allows for the colored core to show through clear embossing. I did this on the waves and I love that it gives different hues to the waves, just like you would see at the ocean!
I am sure you are never late sending a birthday card, but I always am! My sister is the lucky recipient of this fun belated birthday card made with Core’dinations Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic and Shattered Collections.
To create this card:
1) Emboss a 4.25″x 5.5″ card base made with Core’dinations Kraft-Core Nostalgic No. 15.
2) Sand embossed cardbase with Sand It Gadget and dust with Dust Buddy.
3) Round bottom corners of card base with corner rounder punch.
3) Cut a 4.25″ x 1″ and 4.25″ x 2.5″ of Core’dinations Kraft-Core Shattered No. 20s, corner rounding the 1″ piece.
4) Using the backside of the 2.5″ piece you cut in step 3 (Kraft side), stamp your sentiment on the right lower side of this piece.
5) Glue down the stamped Kraft piece and the 1″ piece (with the Shattered side showing) 1/2 inch from bottom of card).
5) Stamp the critter image two times, once on Core’dinations Kraft-Core Nostalgic No. 23 and once on Kraft-Core Shattered No. 20s. Stamp the tree stump onto the Kraft-Core Nostalgic No. 23. ***
***Tip: Be sure to sand & dust both of these pieces before stamping your image. By sanding and dusting before stamping, you get a sharper image and keep dust particles off of the stamp.
6) Fussy cut out both images stamped on the Kraft-Core Nostalgic No. 23. Cut out the tail, belly and nose from the critter image stamped on the Shattered No. 20s and layer onto the critter image you cut out in Step 7.
7) Using double-sided foam tape, adhere the tree trunk and critter to the right side of the card, next to the stamped sentiment.