Looking for a not so scary decorations for your Halloween festivities? How about this lovely fall witch’s hat?
Leafy Witch Hat Supplies:
- Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostalgic Collection
- Glitter Silk 6×6 Cardstock
- Core’dinations Sand it Gadget
- Foamies Black Witch Dress Up Hat
- Darice wired 7/8 inch Wired Metallic Copper Ribbon
- 4 inch Burlap Flower
- Leaf Die Cut and Embossing Folder
- Die Cut Machine
- Hot Glue
Step 1. Die cut, emboss, and sand leaves. I made a total of 12 leaves, 4 of each color: No. 6, No. 7, and No. 20; yellow, orange and brown. After sanding wipe each down with your Sand-it Gadget.
Step 2. This step is not necessary, but for added interest and depth, you can ink the edges of the leaves.
Step 3. To create spiral flower, begin by drawing a spiral on the back of the copper Glitter Silk sheet.
Step 4. Cut along drawn line.
Step 5. Roll flower from outside edge and adhere to center when complete. I like to step on the flower a bit to add more dimension.
Step 6. Adhere burlap flower and metallic ribbon to hat.
Step 7. Attach leaves behind burlap flower.
Step 8. Finish by adding rolled flower to center of burlap flower.
Embossing your Glitter Silk Cardstock is a great way to add interest to your projects. With it’s high quality, it embosses beautifully!
Embossed Glitter Silk Card Supplies:
- White 110lb Cardstock Smooth
- Glitter Silk Bermuda Bling
- Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection No.11
- Sand-It Gadget
- Dust Buddy
- Jet Black ink Ranger
- Darice Stars embossing folder
- Crafter’s Companion Embossalicious Dots embossing folder
- Big Shot
- Sentiments Stamp
- Petaloo Botanica Bloom Pistachio
- May Arts Ribbon
- Sequin and Stars
- Sewing Machine
Step 1. Make card base from cardstock.
Step 2. Emboss Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection No.11 using Dots embossing folder and cover the front of the card. Add strip of lace diagonally. Cut panel using Kraft side of Kraft-Core diagonally and adhere to card.
Step 3. Cut a panel of Glitter Silk Bermuda Bling, emboss using Stars embossing folder and sand using Sand-It Gadget.
Step 4. Stitch border and attach to card. Add ribbon across card. Stamp sentiment onto White 110lb Cardstock Smooth and trim ‘V’ shape in one end, attach to card using foam pads.
Step 5. Add twine, flower, sequin and stars to finish.
- 110lb White Smooth Core’dinations Cardstock
- No.24 Cardstock from Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection
- Core Tags Bookmarks White
- Stampendous stamp sets Vintage Typewriter, Vintage Typewriter Alphabet
- Ranger Jet Black Ink
- May Arts 1/4″ Twill Ribbon with Chevron Stripes Black
Hi there! Suzanna here to share with you a thank you card today. I don’t know about you but I am always looking for a card to say thanks! This design could easily be used for any sentiment.
- Tim Holtz – Kraft Core – Nostalgic
- David Tutera White Smooth Cards & Envelopes – Size A7
- Core Essentials
- Darice Embossing Folder
- Sand It Gadget
- Bust Buddy
- Stamp – Tim Holtz
- Ink – VersaFine
- Embossing Styles – Imaginisce
- Twine – The Twinery
This was a very simple card to create with some Core’dinations cardstock from my left overs, a David Tutera card base from Step 1, a die, an embossing folder and some twine!
Create a visually pleasing look with triangles, wrap it up with twine to really capture your interest and voila! You’re finished!
I used “thank you” as my sentiment but really, as generic as triangles are, anything could go here!
I’m trying to create more cards to keep on hand for the occasions that pop up! One of the cards that I’m always needing are the ones for the men in my life. I find that using Tim Holtz Kraft Core cardstock always gives a simple design a more masculine look.
- Tim Holtz Kraft Core - No7, No11, No15, No18
- Sand It Gadget
- Dust Buddy
- Big Shot
- Lifestyle Crafts embossing folder
- Simon Says Stamp die
- Winnie & Walter stamp
I’ve used the same embossing folder for each panel but some are embossed and some are debossed!
My other top cardmaking tip is to use a general sentiment such as ‘for you’ so the card can be used for a variety of occasions such as birthdays, Father’s Day, thank you etc.