The card base is a standard A2 cardbase, my favorite size, made from Core’dinations Distress Collection. Of course, I distressed the edges a bit with my Sand It Gadget!
The background is an embossed piece of Core’dinations Kraft-Core. I sanded the embossed image down quite a bit and ran my green ink over the embossed/sanded image, leaving some of the Kraft-Core peeking through.
To create my sentiment, I trimmed up a Smooth CoreTag to fit in the corner. I always save the trimmed off part of my CoreTags to use on other projects.
Tip of the day: Core’dinations Cardstock makes a sturdy base for stickers. On my card, I adhered the cute airplane sticker to a sanded piece of the same base cardstock and then trimmed around the sticker.
May Arts 1/4″ Twill Ribbon with Chevron Stripes Orange, Green
Sizzix TH Alterations Carte Postale embossing folder
Make card from 110lb Smooth White Core. Emboss No.10 Cardstock from Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection to cover card front, sand using Sand-It Gadget and wipe with Dust Buddy. Adhere to card. Sand edges of Core Tags Canvas Textured Tags Brights Tag, trim rectangle of 110lb White Smooth Core’dinations Cardstock to fit inside. Repeat stamp text using Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink, ink edges with Brushed Corduroy, adhere to tag. Cut three pieces of twill ribbon, plait and thread through tag. Attach tag to card. Stamp ship onto cardstock, cut out and ink edges with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink, adhere to tag using foam pads. Stamp sentiment onto 110lb Smooth White Core, ink edges with Brushed Corduroy and attach to card. Adhere buttons, to finish.
There is no place better than the beach! And not just during the summer, during those non-summer months, when it’s a little rougher to get to the beach due to the lack of time and return to regular routines. Here is a great way to remind yourself of just how great the beach is and what’s around the corner!
Cut Files – Kolette Hall Studios (Design ID #43142 and #61944), Hero Arts (Design ID #40428)
Buy yourself a lovely weathered frame and dress it up with some Core’dinations cardstock cut with beachy dies and cut files!
The Kraft Core Shattered collection adds that perfect weathered feel to a beach themed project. So too does sanding add a sand worn effect.
Tucking things between the background and the frame adds a 3D dimension and some added depth to your project. Note how the texture of the Core’dinations cardstock really makes this sea star that much more realistic!
Core’dinations has a sea of colored-core cardstock to create the perfect ocean scene for any card or layout! Today I am sharing an ocean themed baby card made with Core’dinations Graphic 45 Lights and Tim Holtz & Ranger Adirondack Collection.
Ranger Versa Mark & Archival Ink & Super Fine Embossing Powder
Stamping on Core’dinations Cardstock is so fantastic because you get a sharp image and texture!
Technique Tip: When heat embossing with clear embossing powder on Core’dinations Cardstock, be sure to sand and dust the cardstock before stamping the image with Versa Mark. This allows for the colored core to show through clear embossing. I did this on the waves and I love that it gives different hues to the waves, just like you would see at the ocean!
I am sure you are never late sending a birthday card, but I always am! My sister is the lucky recipient of this fun belated birthday card made with Core’dinations Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic and Shattered Collections.
To create this card:
1) Emboss a 4.25″x 5.5″ card base made with Core’dinations Kraft-Core Nostalgic No. 15.
2) Sand embossed cardbase with Sand It Gadget and dust with Dust Buddy.
3) Round bottom corners of card base with corner rounder punch.
3) Cut a 4.25″ x 1″ and 4.25″ x 2.5″ of Core’dinations Kraft-Core Shattered No. 20s, corner rounding the 1″ piece.
4) Using the backside of the 2.5″ piece you cut in step 3 (Kraft side), stamp your sentiment on the right lower side of this piece.
5) Glue down the stamped Kraft piece and the 1″ piece (with the Shattered side showing) 1/2 inch from bottom of card).
5) Stamp the critter image two times, once on Core’dinations Kraft-Core Nostalgic No. 23 and once on Kraft-Core Shattered No. 20s. Stamp the tree stump onto the Kraft-Core Nostalgic No. 23. ***
***Tip: Be sure to sand & dust both of these pieces before stamping your image. By sanding and dusting before stamping, you get a sharper image and keep dust particles off of the stamp.
6) Fussy cut out both images stamped on the Kraft-Core Nostalgic No. 23. Cut out the tail, belly and nose from the critter image stamped on the Shattered No. 20s and layer onto the critter image you cut out in Step 7.
7) Using double-sided foam tape, adhere the tree trunk and critter to the right side of the card, next to the stamped sentiment.
Cut panel of Core’dinations Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection No.11 to fit across card base, sand using Sand-It Gadget and adhere to David Tutera Kraft Smooth Card base. Cut rectangle of brown cardstock from Graphic 45 Signature Series Darks, emboss using Circular Grid embossing folder, sand and adhere to bottom of card. Cut panel of Graphic 45 French Country Collection Montage Patterned Paper, attach to center of card. Attach strip of gingham ribbon. Using cardstock from Graphic 45 Signature Series Darks cut sunflower and sentiment using cut files.
Assemble sunflower, cut strip of Core’dinations Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection No.11 to create stem, adhere to card. Pinch vein lines in leaves using needle nosed tweezers and sand lightly, attach to card. See image here to create the veins for flowers. Add sunflower and sentiment. Apply glossy accents to sentiment to finish.
1. Mix water and glycerin in a ratio of 16:1 in a spray bottle. Spray a sheet of Core Reflecting Pool Cardstock on both sides.
2. Scrunch cardstock into ball to add texture. Flatten out and leave to dry.
3. Cover canvas with layer of Mod Podge and add textured cardstock.
4. Trim excess cardstock from back of canvas and corners as shown. Add another layer of Mod Podge and leave to dry.
5. Paint canvas with green and blue acrylic paint to create a blended effect. Technique Tip: Don’t feel like painting? Just sand the textured cardstock before you apply M0dge Podge for a distressed look. That is the great thing about Core’dinations…so many possibilities!
6. Add some simple strokes of green acrylic paint to create a grass effect and add some dots of pink to represent flowers, allow to dry.
7. Draw some simple grass blades onto the reverse of some Meadow cardstock in different lengths. Cut out and sand using Sand-It Gadget. Fold gently lengthways to create a 3D effect.
8. Arrange grass onto canvas and adhere with a strong craft adhesive.
9. Add some simple small painted flowers to the background. Arrange and adhere paper flowers.
10. Cut some simple leaf shapes from No.11 Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection, score along center, pinch vein leaves using a needle nosed tweezers and sand using Sand-It Gadget. Add to canvas. Technique Tip: You can use a scoring tool for the veins in the leaves,too!
11. Trace bird template onto No.21 Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection, cut out and sand edges. Trace beak onto Tangarine, legs onto Argos cardstock and eye onto Nightfall. See below for pattern.
12. Assemble bird adding dimension using foam pads. Add dot of white acrylic paint to eye. Adhere bird to canvas behind some of the grass.
13. Trace butterfly onto Fuchsia Fizz, cut out, sand edges and adhere to canvas.
14. Add some more painted foliage and flowers in the background and some more Core cardstock for grass to the front to fill in any gaps to finish.
I included a template for the bird and butterfly below. Just right click and save to your computer, then print.