For my son’s 9th Birthday he was having a pool party at our house. I know our pool is still open for business even though school has started! Everything was themed ‘Splish Splash’ so I pulled out some fabulous Core’dinations Cardstock and got to work with my Silhouette cutting all kinds of little bits to decorate with!
Let’s start off with this cute little frame from the David Tutera Wedding Collection. Perfect for any occasion …. including a 9 year old boys birthday party:
One of my favorite things were these fun water bottle tags. With (15) 9 year olds running around all afternoon I knew I needed to try and keep their drinks straight so I cut these super fun shapes and made these name tags for each of them.
- Spotted Jillian Dot – Tulip, Apple Green, Tranquil Blue
- Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress Collection – Broken China, Mustard Seed
- David Tutera Wedding – Frame
- Spotted Tillie Dot – Navy
- Graphic 45 Signature Series Cardstock – Gala Gold, Bon Voyage
- Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress CollectionTim Holtz Kraft-Core CollectionChocolate Box: 4.25″ x 5.5″, Cut & Emboss
- CoreTag: Large Smooth Fashion Ivory
- Sand It Gadget
- Dust BuddyOther Supplies:Couture Creations Embossing FolderRanger Archival Ink & Tim Holtz Distress Ink
- Unity Stamp Co.
- Fiskars Border Punch
- Echo Park Sticker
Ava Gavloski here today with a layout that focuses on tearing, antiquing and edge distressing our Tim Holtz & Ranger Collections of Cardstock. The Chipped Sapphire and Peach Bellini and Graphic 45 Signature Series my sunset perfctly! The great thing about Core’dinations is there are so many great colors to choose from, you can match virtually any project. If these techniques are new to you then check out Core’dinations videos for great how-to’s!
Tim Holtz & Ranger Distressed and Adirondack cardstock, Graphic 45 Signature Series Lights cardstock, Sand it Gadget and Dust Buddy. Other Supplies: Petaloo flowers, Want2Scrap, ScrapMatts chipboard, Maja Designs pattern paper, Clearsnap Ink and Helmar Adhesive.
1. Cut cardstock, pattern papers and distress edges. Sand cardstock to reveal the inner colored core.
2. Paint and ink up chipboard pieces.
3. Spray Blue Sapphaire cardstock with a mixture of water and glycerin 16.1 ratio, damp’in cardstock, crinkle outer edges, dry, sand with Sand-it-Gadget and iron to flatten page.
Tip: Use a low heat setting on your iron you to flatten out your cardstock after crumbling it.
4. Tear some embossed, sanded pieces of cardstock to give the “look” of waves and ocean sand before adhering your chipboard pieces.
5. Assemble distressed edges of pattern paper, cardstock, photo’s onto Antiqued background paper and adhere all embellishments onto layout.
Mary Pat Siehl here with you today and I am excited to share a new Back to School layout using some Core’dinations cardstock.
Cardstock-Core’dinations (Core Impressions Jillibean Soup, Graphic 45 Signature Series, Core Essentials, 110lb. smooth)
Canvas Embellishments- Little Yellow Bicycle
Spectrum Noir markers
Sand It Gadget
Lawn Fawn dies
Cuttlebug embossing folder
1. I love to layer my cardstock and so I decided to layer grey on top of light blue. I wanted to create a light chalkboard effect with the grey so I scored my grey cardstock with a scoring board and scored at the 1/2 inch line all around the paper. Then just sanded the paper pretty heavily to really expose the lighter inner core.
3. I then took a piece of the Core’dinations Jillibean Soup Impression paper and sanded it and placed that on top of the blue piece. If you don’t have Core Impressions you could easily emboss another sheet.
4. Next I added a small strip of yellow and added that on top. (Again, I LOVE to layer my paper with different textures and designs.)
5. Add photos.
6. Make a star embellishments using die cuts, embossing them using an embossing folder, and lightly sanded them.
I also have this video for you on how this layout came together.
5) Stamp the critter image two times, once on Core’dinations Kraft-Core Nostalgic No. 23 and once on Kraft-Core Shattered No. 20s. Stamp the tree stump onto the Kraft-Core Nostalgic No. 23. ***
***Tip: Be sure to sand & dust both of these pieces before stamping your image. By sanding and dusting before stamping, you get a sharper image and keep dust particles off of the stamp.
6) Fussy cut out both images stamped on the Kraft-Core Nostalgic No. 23. Cut out the tail, belly and nose from the critter image stamped on the Shattered No. 20s and layer onto the critter image you cut out in Step 7.
7) Using double-sided foam tape, adhere the tree trunk and critter to the right side of the card, next to the stamped sentiment.