Ranger, Crackle Accents medium
Step # 1 Using your Sand It Gadget, sand a strip of the border star’s along the 12 x 12 sheet of cardstock. Sand a few star’s within the cardstock sheet for the cuffs as well.
Core Tip: If you do not have any resin or are shy about trying it, try to get the look of aged resin pebbles by using Rangers Crackle Accents Medium. There are plenty of products out there you can try and get a similar look. The resin just stands up better to the elements especially for jewelry.
Step # 2 Apply a generous amount of crackle medium to the strip of cardstock and let dry.
Step # 3 Trim your sta’s from the Core’dinations Cardstock to fit each bracelet bezel and adhere.
Now, that is fun bracelet to wear for the summer!
We want to wish you all an amazing Independence Day! We are celebrating our freedom on the Core blog today with a layout featuring Tim Holtz Seasonal Impressions.
I love using the Tim Holtz papers! These pre-embossed papers make a layout so easy! Add a few things and the page will simply fall into place. I had these adorable photos of my grandson waving and playing with the flags down on the beach.
Cuttlebug Embossing Machine
Darice star embossing folder
Spellbinder’s Die Cuts- S4-110 (Classic Ovals) and S4-111 (Classic Scalloped Ovals)
Jillibean Soup letter stickers
DieNamics – Cloud die cut
1. Start with your selected sheet of Tim Holtz Seasonal Impressions. Sand it thoroughly with your Sand It Gadget to let the kraft base show through and then dust it off with your Dust Buddy.
2. Take a sheet of the dark red. Using a star embossing folder emboss it. You will need to use the embossing folder approximately three times to cover the entire length of your sheet. Again sand it down with your Sand It Gadget and dust it off with your Dust Buddy and attach it to your page.
3. Mat your photos with white cardstock. Cut an oval out of white cardstock using a Spellbinder’s die cut. Then using a scallped Spellbinder’s oval die cut a navy piece. Adhere together and then to the layout for placing your title.
4. Taking a sheet of red cut out a star. Using a Score Pal score it so that you can fold it to pop up. This involved scoring it first on the top from point to point. I sand my scored lines while they are still on the Score Pal so that they are sharp. Then turn it over and score it again from the inner points.
5. To create the clouds use a DieNamics Cloud die and cut your clouds out of the blue based White Wash papers. Sand them to show some of the blue through.
Mary Pat Siehl here with you today and I have a really fun and easy 4th of July layout for you using a variety of our Tim Holtz cardstocks.
1. Start with the Tim Holtz Seasonal Impressions and lightly sand it to expose the awesome subway art.
2. Matt photo (s) with coordinating cardstock and or pattern paper. I used TH Kraft Core Nostalgic Collection and Graphic 45 pattern paper.
3. Die cut some embellishments ( I used stars for the theme of July 4th).
4. If you want a more textured look, you can emboss them. I used and embossing folder from Cuttlebug.
5. Sand the embellishments to expose the yummy core.
6. Add a title and you are done. I used my Silhouette to create the title.
insert photo 1c
Cardstock- Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered, Seasonal Impressions, and Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection
Paper- Graphic 45
Wood Veneer – Studio Calico
Lawn Fawn Dies
Some Odd Girl Digi Cut File
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Sand It Gadget
I have a quick video for you today on how this layout came together and how I sanded the Core.
Hi there! Suzanna here with a seasonal Tim Holtz Kraft Core Seasonal Impressions layout to share with you using one of the individual embossed papers focusing on the American No. 17 sheet. It’s perfect for the 4th of July.
Tim Holtz – Kraft Core – Seasonal Impressions
Tim Holtz – Kraft Core – Shattered
Tim Holtz – Kraft Core – Nostalgic
Sand It Gadget
Embossing Folder – Tim Holtz
Cut File – 3d Banner, Design ID #53911
Silhouette Cameo: Font - Independence
Twine – The Twinery
Wood Veneer – Freckled Fawn, Studio Calico
Dies – Lifestyle Craft, Die-Versions
I selectively sanded the word that corresponded with my theme. I also happen to have the Tim Holtz embossing folder that matches this pre-embossed cardstock and was able to fussy cut the 4 in a slightly bigger size. It worked out perfectly!
This entire layout was created using all Kraft Core products! I love the vintage feel it gives to the layout.
Another fun technique that is unique to Core’dinations cardstock is the ability to run it through your label maker for some fun banners. By sanding the raised print, like I did on the little red flag to reveal the colored core underneath, you can really see the letters!
With Easter this week, we thought some layouts for you today would be a great way to get those creative juices flowing for all those photos!
First up Kate Nolan-Denham:
Believe it or not, I built this layout around the bunnies. I couldn’t help but notice that the pastel colors in the Core Couture Glitter Collection looked like Easter Peeps.
I created the peep scene by cutting green, yellow, pink and blue bunnies out of Core Couture Glitter with my Silhoutte. I crimped their ears a bit to give them dimension.
The green grass was cut out of a 12″ strip of the green in the Light Graphic 45 Collection, matching the background green cardstock. I just randomly snipped the top 1″(or so) of the strip and sanded afterwards. Sanding after I snipped made the individual blades of “grass” stand out more. Don’t forget to use your Dust Buddy after sanding to give it that finished look!
American Crafts Thickers
Silhouttte File “Bunny”
And Debbie Standard has not one but TWO layouts for us today using all kinds of Core’dinations Cardstock.
BasicGrey and My Mindy’s Eye brads
And another layout from Debbie with a Fancy Pants Core Impressions
base. She cut these hexagons and embossed each one with a different design.
Darice Embossing folders
Core Couture Embossing folders
And we have some MUST haves for you scrapbooking.
First, our Tim Holtz Kraft Core Seasonal Impressions shown here from Designer Debbie Standard:
I love when the season is one that works with Tim Holtz Seasonal Impressions cardstock – it makes the page so easy to do. For this page I started with sanding the entire sheet. Then I inked the outside design and some of the words with Tim Holtz Ink. Then I shielded the middle of the sheet and sprayed the edges again with Ranger Dylusions Pure Sunshine spray. Then I embossed a sheet of Tim Holtz Adirondack cardstock and sanded it and layered it over a sheet of patterned paper from Graphic 45′s French County collection.
Embossing folder – Tim Holtz/Sizzix
Spellbinder’s Dies: Rose Creations (S5-050) and Foliage (S4-328)
My Mind’s Eye Brads
Queen and Co. Ribbon
My Mind’s Eye tag
Glitz Puffy Words
Creative Charms – puffy words (parenthesis )
Queen and Co. Washi Tape
Reminisce chipboard Stickers
Patterned Paper: Graphic 45 French Country collection
Washi Tape: Queen & Co.
Brads: Queen & Co. and Creative Charms
Flowers and foam embellishments: Creative Charms
Trim: KI Memories
Cuttlebug embossing tool
Darice embossing folder
AND … we have another gorgeous gorgeous creation using our SECOND must have for Halloween projects…..BLACK MAGIC
Chalkboard is all the rage currently and what better product than Core to create your own embellishments and layouts! Especially Black Magic!! For a “grungier” chalkboard look, that look as if the blackboard has been used, be sure to rub your chalk (yes, real chalk), lightly on the Nightfall cardstock before decorating. I have used 4 different chalkboard effects here to create this layout; 1.) white pencil on paper (my title, Carved), 2.) Die cut or punched objects with sanded edges (bat and numbers), 3.) white powder embossed stamps and 4.) embossed Black Magic which is sanded to show color for a pop of color.
HOW COOL! Suzzana used some of her own chalk skills on here AND did some simple sanding on the star. SO COOL!
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug
Stamps – Autumn Leaves, Inkadinkado, Recollections
Font – Toskanische, EgyptienneInitialen
Ink – VersaMark
Embossing Powder – Ranger
Die – Papertrey Ink
Punch – EK Success
Watercolor Pencil – Derwent
YES! Suzanna has a card for us, too. Happy Dance!!!
Washi – Bella Blvd
Embossing Folder and powder – Tim Holtz & Ranger
Enamel Dots – My Minds Eye
Stamp – Papertrey Ink
Die – Sizzix, My Favorite Things
Foam Adhesive – Imaginisce
Next Page »