Hi all! Tami Mayberry here with you today to share another quick and easy home decor project perfect for summer. As I have mentioned, I love anything USA or red/white/blue. So this candle holder is another perfect addition to my collection.
Patriotic Candle Holder Supplies:
- Core’dinations Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostalgic Collection cardstock
- Core’dinations Dust Buddy
- Core’dinations Sand-It Gadget
- DecoArt Americana Decor® Chalky Finish paint (Legacy)
- Sponge brush
- Jute twine
- Sizzix Woodgrain embossing folder
- Sizzix dies: Framelits Squares, Framelits Circles, Crescent Moon and Stars, Block Talk Alphabet-Capital
- Sizzix Big Shot die-cutting machine
- DecoArt Deco-Page adhesive
- Wooden candle holder
For this project I actually started with a Halloween candle holder that I bought at a garage sale! But, combine it with some Core’dinations Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostalgic Collection and a little embossing and you have a whole new look!
Step 1: Select square die slightly smaller that block side. Die-cut 5 squares from No. 4 (red) cardstock.
Step 2: Emboss four of the square panels using woodgrain embossing folder; sand lightly using Sand It Gadget.
Step 3: Select circle die the same size as top opening.
Step 4: Die-cut circle shape from center of remaining square.
Step 5: Adhere all pieces to candle base.
Step 6: Die-cut stars and “USA” from No. 16 (navy) cardstock; sand as desired using Sand It Gadget*. Adhere to candle base as shown.
Step 7: Sponge edges of candle block with paint as desired; wrap with twine.
*Tip: Add a mix of sanded and non-sanded pieces to add variety and interest.
Looking for a fun, nautical home decor piece for the summer? Why not create this whimsical lighthouse with a few of your favorite Core’dinations products and a simple .svg file.
Whimsical Lighthouse Supplies:
- Core’dinations Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostalgic Collection 12×12
- Core’dinations Core Basics Vellum
- Core’dinations Core Basics Patterns Red Large Dot
- Core’dinations Core Basics White Canvas Texture 80 lb. 12×12
- Core’dinations Sand it Gadget (if desired)
- Lighthouse svg file from SVGCuts.com
- Miscellaneous Embossing Folders (if desired)
- Hemp Twine
Step 2: From here you could simply assemble the lighthouse using the video directions from SVGCuts, or you can add some dimension and texture to your pieces by embossing. I began with the blue pieces and the Darice Honeycomb embossing folder.
Step 3: For even more interest, sand the embossing to reveal the Kraft-Core underneath.
Step 4: Continue embossing and sanding your pieces.
You can add a battery operated tealight or LEDs to your lighthouse to add a pleasing glow.
Hi everyone, Nancy here. Are you looking for a fun way to decorate a wall in your home? Why not make this lovely Subway Wall Art with Sparkle piece? With just a few supplies, your home will be sparkling in no time.
Sparkly Wine Subway Art Supplies:
- Core’dinations 12×24 Glitter Paper – Gold Glitter 1 Sheet
- Tim Holtz Core’dinations Kraft Core Nostalgic Collection 2 sheets of same color
- Electronic Cutter (I used my Cricut and a prepared file, but you can use any cutter)
- 12×12 Chipboard or Cardboard – 2 Sheets
Step 1: Adhere Core’dinations 12×24 Glitter paper to chipboard or cardboard sheets to form a sturdy backing. You can even use cereal boxes if you like. Just be sure to place them right next to each other to form a solid backing. A little extra tape along the seams will make everything sturdy.
Step 2: Use electronic cutter to design your Subway Art. I used a pre designed peice from Cricut. But with a mixture of fonts and words, you can create your own piece in a short period of time. Cut design using sheets of the Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostalic Collection. My design created a 12×24 piece so I used two sheets of the same color.
This was a super quick and easy project to make. With the Core’dinations Glitter Paper and the wide varitey of cardstock available, the sky is the limit to what you can create. How fun to have a baby room art with names of nursery rhymes? A child’s favorite sport with all the terms listed out, song lyrics….let your imagination run wild.
The school year is winding down, and I don’t know who is more excited, the kids or the teachers? That also means that it’s time for end of the year goodies for those teachers, and this altered clipboard is perfect to help them make it to the final days! The chalkboard label provides the perfect place to start the countdown for summer.
Summer Countdown Clipboard Supplies:
- Kraft with Black Polka Dot Pops
- Tim Holtz Kraft Core Seasonal Impressions
- Sand-It Gadget
- Chalkboard Labels
- May Arts Ribbon 385-58-14
- Wooden Clipboard
- Xyron Adhesive
Step 1. Remove the hardware from the clipboard.
Step 2. Cut paper to fit the board and adhere. Ink the edges. Replace the hardware.
Step 3. Cut the word “Freedom” from the Seasonal Impressions. Sand the raised area with the Sand-it Gadget.
Step 4. Decorate the clipboard with the sanded cardstock, stickers and ribbons.
These are easy to make and any teacher would appreciate it. Have you started your countdown for summer?
Are you looking for a way to bring some of the beauty of the desert into your home this spring? Succulents are all the rage in home decor. Why not create these pretty paper succulents from some of your favorite papers?
Paper Succulents Centerpiece Supplies:
- Core’dinations Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostalgic Collection
- Core’dinations Tim Holtz Kraft Core Shattered Collection
- Cricut Succulent Files
- Rectangular Box cut File
- Spanish Moss
- Hot Glue
Step 1: Cut shapes by hand from template or using electronic cutter from your favorite colors of Tim Holtz Kraft Core papers. I chose shades of greens and blue.
Step 3: Create box from cut file from Tim Holtz Kraft Core Shattered collection. I chose a long rectangular box, but you could choose a different shape, and cut it from a neutral paper.
Step 4: Cut Styrofoam pieces to fill box and create a substrate to glue the succulents on.
Step 5: Hot glue each of the succulents to Styrofoam.
Step 6: Fill blank spaces between the succulents with Spanish moss.
I hope you create something beautiful for your home this spring!
Hi everyone, as we all gear up for Easter, I thought I would show you a fun project that you could create using a combination of your core card stock and patterned papers. This Easter wreath project was a lot of fun to create and it actually made me feel happy that we hopefully will welcome spring very soon!
Easter Egg Wreath Supplies:
- Core Essentials Darks Collection
- Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection
- Core Basics White 80lb. Cardstock Smooth
- Coredinations Light Green Crosshatch Paper (GX-2300-24)
- Coredinations Large Pink Pokadot Paper (GX-2300-50)
- Coredinations Dark Pink Small dot Paper (GX-2300-55)
- Coredinations Teal Stripe Paper (GX-2300-63)
- Coredinations Teal Plad Paper (GX-2300-64)
- Sand It Gadget & Dust Buddy
- Liquid Adhesive
- Pearls & Ribbon From My Stash
- 3d Paper Egg Wreath Silhouette # 57296
- Silhouette Cameo
To make this project follow these steps.
Step 1. Start by leaves out of the Green from the Core Essentials Darks Collection.
Step 2. Cut the base piece out of a piece from the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection and another 2 out of chip board for extra strength.
Step 3. Glue the 3 rings together, sandwiching a piece of ribbon between the 2 pieces of chip board.
Step 4. Sand all your leaves for a nice look. Do not forget to use your dust buddy for clean-up.
Step 5. Using the edge of your table, curve the egg pieces as well as the designer paper. Once completed, attach the designer paper before the egg is assembled. By curving the pieces first they will take a nicer shape.
Step 6. Curl the pedals prior to attaching them to the base.
Step 7. Layer the leaves on 1 at a time. There will be enough for 2 layers.
Step 8. Finally, attach the eggs and flowers where desired and hang in a place for everyone to enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by for a peek… Have a wonderful day my crafty friends!