Heart Candle Wrap Supplies:
- Core’dinations Pop Dot cardstock (white)
- Core’dinations Glitter Silk cardstock (Princess Pink)
- Core’dinations Gemstones cardstock (Moonstone, Blue Topaz)
- Dollar Tree candle holder
- Pink self-adhesive rhinestones
- Sizzix dies: Sizzlits Decorative Strip Dots & Scallops (#656541), Bigz Banners & Hearts (#659958)
- Scor-Pal Scor-Tape
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Dodz adhesive dots
Step 1: Mark height of candle on back of Pop Dot cardstock; cut out.
Step 2: Wrap Pop Dot cardstock around candle; mark length and trim to fit. Adhere to candle.
Step 3: Die-cut borders from pink Glitter Silk cardstock. Adhere to candle.
Step 4: Die-cut hearts from blue Gemstones cardstock; attach to candle using adhesive dots. Attach rhinestones.
And that’s it!! You now have a customized candle ready to decorate your favorite table or shelf.
Mary Pat here with you today and I love making class treats for my son’s classes for Valentine’s Day. This year I am making a cute sucker holder for each child. These holders are so cute and look so awesome using the Core’dinations Cardstock!
Heart Lollipop Holder Supplies:
- Core Essentials
- Core’dinations Gemstone Cardstock
- Darice Accents
- Foam Tape
- Silhouette and Silhouette image
1. Arrange the cardstock on the cutting mat.
2. Adhere the sides together with a strong glue.
3. Add your favorite sucker.
4. Write the name of the person receiving the treat and decorate with gems and bling. Finally adhere the hearts to the holder using foam tape to add dimension.
Thanks so much for joining me today. See you soon!
I love Valentine’s Day. It is such a fun reminder of all those around us that we love and that love us! Not only do I enjoy making Valentines to give to others, but I enjoy decorating my home for the holiday as well. Today, I’m sharing this simple and fun “LOVE” Valentine Banner with you.
LOVE Valentine Banner Supplies:
- Core’dinations Pop Dot Paper in Pearl Silver with White Polkadots
- Core’dinations Gemstone Cardstock in Amethyst and Pink Diamond
- Darice Embossing Essentials Nesting Book Dies
- Baker’s Twine
- Assorted Ribbons
- Hole Punch
- Dimension Squares
- Paper Trimmer
- Die Cutting Machine (None Electronic)
- Electronic Die Cutting Machine
Step 1. Using the paper trimmer, cut your Silver Pop Dot Paper into 3, 4″ x 12″ strips. Using one strip, place the larger Nesting Book Page die on your paper, and follow instructions for your die cutting machine to cut it out. Cut out 6 of these.
Step 2. Cut a 1 1/2″ x 12″ strip of Amethyst Gemstone paper with your paper trimmer. Use the die cutting machine to cut out 5 of the smaller Nesting Book Page die.
Step 3. Use your hole punch to punch holes in the corners of the cut out banner pieces.
Step 4. Punch holes in the little purple pieces too.
Step 5. With the Electronic Die Cutting Machine, cut out the hearts and LOVE letters.
Step 6. Place dimension squares on the back of the hearts and letters.
Step 7. Mount letters and hearts on the banner pieces.
Step 8. Use the baker’s twine to tie the banner pieces together. I used two strands. Alternate the larger silver letter pieces with the purple pieces in between, tying each one. Also, tie twine onto the ends, leaving twine to hang the banner with.
Step 9. Tie some additional ribbon onto the twine for embellishment.
Now you are ready to hang your cute and fun new Valentine banner up in your home. The shimmer on the Gemstone cardstock adds just the perfect amount of bling.
The ribbon adds a fun touch as well.
I love the way the Gemstone cardstock looks on the top of the silver Pop Dot Paper.
Grab your supplies and make a LOVE Valentine Banner for yourself. You will “LOVE” it.
I’m sure you can find the perfect place to display it in your home too.
Hey all, Adrianne here with you today to share an easy gift idea: Valentine treats in mason jars. I just love giving gifts in jars. It’s a great size, it’s on-trend, and it’s always well-received. The best part about it is that you can decorate the tops of mason jars in just the same way you might embellish any card or tag! I am going to show you a simple embellishment today, but truly: the sky is the limit when you start looking at that round lid as your space to send your special message.
Easy mason jar Valentine treat supplies:
- Core’dinations Vintage Collection 4.25×5.5 inch (or larger)
- Core’dinations Gemstones 4.25×5.5 inch (or larger)
- Sand-it Gadget
- Manual die cutting machine (like the Sizzix Big Shot)
- Darice Assorted Hearts embossing folder
- Darice Ornate Tags die set
- Darice Heart die set
- Round die the size of your lid (or trace the lid and cut by hand)
- 1/8 inch hole punch
- Mason jar – this is a half pint, but any size will work!
- Self-adhesive pearls
- Glue dots and small self-adhesive foam stickers
- Baker’s twine
Step 1. Emboss your vintage collection paper with the heart-themed pattern. It’s difficult to see on the patterned Vintage Collection red/pink paper, but when you sand it in the next step, it’s perfect! Choose a portion of the embossed design to use for your lid. Trace the jar’s lid, or use a circle die to die-cut that area.
Step 2. Using coordinating papers, die-cut a small ornate tag and heart shape. Cut some extra tiny hearts to use for embellishements. I used the Gemstones paper because I love the pearlescent finish, but you could easily use scraps from the Vintage Collection paper you started with. This project takes very little paper – you could even raid your scraps!
Step 3. Sand your embossed lid cover using the Sand-it Gadget.
Step 4. Assemble your tag with some glue dots, and punch holes in the ends. Fill your jar with candy, treats, or even a small gift.
Step 5. Add a couple glue dots around the edges of your round lid cover to help adhere it to the ring of the jar. You’ll be placing the jar’s lid on top of the jar as normal, and the paper is just an addition to the ring. This will help keep the contents of your jar fresh if you’re adding anything edible or scented.
Step 6. Add your embellishments! A die-cut heart or two on top, adhered with a foam sticker, is a simple but pretty addition. Add a few self-adhesive pearls for a minimalist look. Tie on your gift tag with baker’s twine.
Your gift recipient will love the presentation of a treat within a paper valentine, and the jar is easily re-used. They’ll think of you every time they use it!
Other ideas to fill the jar with are a few home-baked cookies, a batch of bath bombs or bath sea salts, or a small gift like jewelry or even a gift card. But I have found you can never go wrong with chocolate!