Hi all! Tami Mayberry here with you today with another quick and easy project made possible by Core’dinations. For this project I have created a quick and easy “MOM” tag using Core Tags, pre-made tags by Core’dinations.
“MOM” tag supplies
- Core’dinations Core Tags: Large White, Pastel Assorted
- Core’dinations Gemstones Collection amethyst cardstock
- Core’dinations Core Essentials Pastels Collection cardstock (purple)
- 3 light purple self-adhesive rhinestones
- White self-adhesive pearl
- May Arts ribbon: light purple, light purple gingham
- Sizzix dies: Mixed Media (#660220), Block Talk Capital (#658563), Borders & Hydrangeas (#657721 )
- Sizzix Big Shot die-cutting machine
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L: adhesive foam squares, adhesive dots
Step 1: Remove metal eyelet from light purple tag. *Tip: Removing the eyelet from the bottom tag allows easy layering without extra bulk.
Step 2: Die-cut Mixed Media shape from center of white tag; attach on top of purple tag using foam squares.
Step 3: Die-cut “MOM” from Gemstones cardstock; attach to tag using foam squares. Attach rhinestones along right edge.
Step 4: Wrap tag with ribbon as shown; tie in a knot.
Step 5: Die-cut three flower layers from pastel purple cardstock; shape as desired.
Step 5: Layer die-cut flowers using foam squares. Attach pearl to center; attach to tag.
Step 6: Tie ribbon through top of tag.
And there you have it!
Note: This tag can easily be changed to a Father’s Day tag by changing the colors and adding a more masculine element in place of the flower!
Texture and mixed media are the “buzz” words now, and Core’dinations papers are the perfect paper for this trend. Not only is the paper great for tearing, embossing, and distressing to add texture, but many of the papers have an aged look already, like the Tim Holtz Shattered Collection that I used to create this Bee Well Soon Card.
“Bee Well Soon” Card Supplies:
- Kraft-core Shattered
- Kraft-core Nostalgic
- Stampendous: Queen Bee, Timeless Tags Stamps
- Penny Black: Sweet As Honey (sentiment) stamp
- Sizzix: Book Cover #1 Embossing Folder
- Spellbinders: Classic Ovals Small, Pierced Ovals Die Sets, Grand Calibur Machine
- Close To My Heart Heat Tool
- May Arts Ribbons: 445-15-32; SM-27
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: Delicata Golden Glitz; Versafine Onyx Black; Memnto Luxe Elderberry ink pads; and Shimmer Spritz Sparkle; Radiant Neon Amplify – Black, Electric Yellow; Clear Embossing Powder
- Madeira: Gold Thread
- Xyron Adhesives
- Tapestry Needle
Step 2. Rub gold ink over the raised areas and sprinkle with clear embossing powder and heat set.
Step 3. Stamp the bee and die cut.
Step 4. Add hand stitching around the oval panel.
Step 5. Paint the bee with Amplify! and heat set to create dimension.
Step 6. Layer the card as shown with mats, sentiment and ribbons.
There are so many techniques to try using Core’dinations! Just jump in and give it a go.
Heart Candle Wrap Supplies:
- Core’dinations Pop Dot cardstock (white)
- Core’dinations Glitter Silk cardstock (Princess Pink)
- Core’dinations Gemstones cardstock (Moonstone, Blue Topaz)
- Dollar Tree candle holder
- Pink self-adhesive rhinestones
- Sizzix dies: Sizzlits Decorative Strip Dots & Scallops (#656541), Bigz Banners & Hearts (#659958)
- Scor-Pal Scor-Tape
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Dodz adhesive dots
Step 1: Mark height of candle on back of Pop Dot cardstock; cut out.
Step 2: Wrap Pop Dot cardstock around candle; mark length and trim to fit. Adhere to candle.
Step 3: Die-cut borders from pink Glitter Silk cardstock. Adhere to candle.
Step 4: Die-cut hearts from blue Gemstones cardstock; attach to candle using adhesive dots. Attach rhinestones.
And that’s it!! You now have a customized candle ready to decorate your favorite table or shelf.
Mary Pat here with you today and I love making class treats for my son’s classes for Valentine’s Day. This year I am making a cute sucker holder for each child. These holders are so cute and look so awesome using the Core’dinations Cardstock!
Heart Lollipop Holder Supplies:
- Core Essentials
- Core’dinations Gemstone Cardstock
- Darice Accents
- Foam Tape
- Silhouette and Silhouette image
1. Arrange the cardstock on the cutting mat.
2. Adhere the sides together with a strong glue.
3. Add your favorite sucker.
4. Write the name of the person receiving the treat and decorate with gems and bling. Finally adhere the hearts to the holder using foam tape to add dimension.
Thanks so much for joining me today. See you soon!